The beauty of Mount Rinjani Lombok
Mount Rinjani Lombok is one of the highest mountains in Indonesia with a height of 3.726 meters above sea level. The panorama of Mount Rinjani is so exotic with the many contour lines on the mountain ranging from dense forests, bushes, to vast savanna fields.
Not to mention the crater come on kid which is famous for its beauty. Many local and foreign climbers make Rinjani their main target and dream of climbing. Not just because of its beauty but the challenges that must be faced in the 10 hour climbing journey to the peak with various trail conditions on the most beautiful mountain in the world. Lombok island West Nusa Tenggara.
Mount Rinjani is included in the area Mount Rinjani National Park (TNGR) which has an area of more than 75.000 hectares. Mount Rinjani is in the northern part of Lombok Island. So that during the climbing process you will be monitored directly through the posts provided.
There are many other beauties that can be found on the Mount Rinjani climbing route. For example, there is the beauty of the Edelweiss flower, the beauty of the ocean above the clouds, the beauty of the sand and whispering cliffs, and many more that will accompany the journey to the top so that the tiring journey will be completely paid off. Even the beauty of this mountain is used by many film makers as a background.
History of Mount Rinjani National Park
Mount Rinjani is a mountain that is still active and is the second largest active mountain in Indonesia. The height of Mount Rinjani makes the dominant view of Lombok Island, especially in the northern part, clearly visible.
According to the history of this area, 2 important events were recorded, namely;
- March 17, 1941 according to Decree Decree No. 15 Staatblad Number 77. The Dutch government at that time declared the status of this area as the Rinjani Wildlife Reserve in the Lesser Sunda Region.
- March 24, 1990 Decree of the Minister of Forestry No. 448/Kpts-II/1990 at the Third National Nature Conservation Week in Mataram, NTB. Stating that the status of the area which was previously a Wildlife Reserve changed to Mount Rinjani National Park with an area of 40.000 ha according to the official site National Park Hall. Ecosystem in Mount Rinjani National Park there are 40% primary forest ecosystems, 40% savanna, 10% barren areas and 10% bushes, plantation forests and secondary forests.
For climbers, it's a good idea to come here from July to August because this is the right time with the cool air you will find here. In this month, the plants on Mount Rinjani are also very green and look more exotic.
Mount Rinjani Crater
Mount Rinjani has a large crater with a diameter of approximately 10 km. The Rinjani Crater is also filled with water, forming a lake or Segara which is called Segara Anak.
Myths Based on Local People
"If we look and observe Segara Anak Lake and it looks very wide from a height then our life will be long (long life), but if we look at Segara Anak Lake it looks narrow, it means we have a short life."
In this crater there is also a small mountain which adds to the beauty of the children. The water is clear and warm with lots of fish in it. The depth of the sapling is estimated to be more than 200 meters, giving the upper part a dark blue color.
Mount Rinjani Climbing Route
For those who want to climb Mount Rinjani, Lombok, there are 2 relatively easy routes. Although there are many other routes that can be taken, these two routes are the most recommended because the other routes have more extreme terrain.
The two routes are the Sembalun route and the Senaru route. The Sembalun route is the easiest route with a fairly flat surface and not too sloping, while the Senaru route has more terrain and slope but is able to shorten the journey by 1 km.
These two routes have 3 posts each to monitor the condition of the climbers. At these posts, climbers can rest and set up tents to rest.
What You Need To Know Before Climbing
Mount Rinjani is one of the highest mountains in Indonesia, so it requires careful preparation before climbing it. It takes 4-5 days to climb this mountain so you need physical and mental preparation.
Avoid traveling at night because the terrain will be difficult to traverse, especially since the air on Mount Rinjani reaches 5 degrees Celsius. If you don't know the terrain you will be facing, it's a good idea to hire a porter or guide to guide your journey so that your time spent is more efficient.
Make sure your name is registered on the information post before starting your climbing trip so that safety while climbing can be maintained to the maximum.
Considering that Rinjani has a long route and high cruising range, make sure you are in a really fit condition when climbing.
As for those who like fishing, don't forget to bring a fishing rod because when you are in Segara Anak there are quite a lot of tilapia fish ready to be caught and feel the sensation of fishing with the beautiful natural scenery of Rinjani.
Why it deserves to be called a 5-star mountain
There are many factors that make Mount Rinjani get the title as a 5 star mountain.
1. There is a lot of natural beauty that accompanies the steps when climbing the peak of Rinjani. Starting from Segara Anak Lake, Milk Cave and Umbrella Mas Cave, Sembalun savanna, to several waterfalls.
You can imagine getting lots of bonuses in one trip, right? Apart from getting to the true peak of Rinjani, there is still a lot of beauty on offer.
Not until there, climbers are also presented with a view that they will never forget for the rest of their lives because the beauty of the sunset panorama on Mount Rinjani is the most beautiful among other tourist attractions.
2. The route used to climb Mount Rinjani Lombok can really entertain and refresh the eyes. How could it not be that apart from passing through the vast savanna in Sembalun, clusters of cliffs, forests and oceans of clouds will accompany the climbing journey so that the eyes will never leave the beauty on offer.
3. Mount Rinjani was chosen to be the best-managed mountain in the world so that all facilities and safety of climbers are a top priority.
4. Local wisdom, both culture and religion, synergize with each other to uphold cultural principles so that they complement the beauty of Mount Rinjani.
5. The geographical location of Mount Rinjani is the intersection of the Wallace border line where flora and fauna typical of Asia and Australia meet. In this way, the exotic flora and fauna that exist during the journey accompany the climbing steps. So which other mountain can have beauty and elegance like Rinjani?
The Beauty of the Peak and Lake Segara Anak
Moreover, what can be said about the beauty of the Rinjani peak is so beautiful. From here you can see the entire cluster of Lombok island even up to the top of Mount Agung in Bali. There are no words that can describe its beauty other than extraordinary.
Starting from the beauty of the Rinjani crater caldera which spans for 10 km with the beautiful crater of Segara Anak and its small mountain. From far away, there is still an ocean that separates the island of Bali from the island of Lombok. Until he reached the top of the resounding Mount Agung.
Not a few climbers were stunned for a long time until they shed tears, wanting to express all their emotions in the struggle to reach the Beauty of the Creator. Satisfied with the panorama at the top of Rinjani, it was time to go down to rest for a moment while enjoying the beauty of the children.
To get to Segara Anak, it takes quite a long time because you have to descend from a height of 3.726 masl to 1.700 masl with a fairly dangerous descent path because of the slope.
When you arrive at Segara Anakan you will definitely be amazed again by the beauty of this paradise lake. Located between mountains and cliffs that stand firmly, the fresh water of Anakan holds deep reflections and reveals the exotic prowess of Rinjani.
Especially if it is when the sun is setting, a tinge of orange will adorn the color of the cliffs and the color of the water in the immediate area.
There are no words that can describe it, so as a true climber, it is obligatory to be present on this mountain to enjoy the beauty of Segara saplings and the peak of Rinjani.